Guidelines for the beta version of PINs
PINs, based on EMIT-Core, is a decentralized social application that provides story interpretation in the form of " multiplayer shared role-playing ".
In order to get a better experience, the team developed two versions of BANGs (A and B) with completely different experiences for usability testing, PINs is the code name of Bangs A version. This is a Beta version (Non-Production-Version), so there is a possibility that data from this version will be erased.
Currently, PINs does not have an economy model in the test environment, but in a future version update, it will be enabled.
All the characters and episodes are recorded on a Tape, which records important information in chronological order as the story progresses.
The owner of the Tape is KP (Keeper), who can make a Pin operation at some point in the development of the story. After the Pin operation is completed, the story selected by KP will be fixed and cannot be modified. This part of the plot is called the PIN. Episodes that are not selected are hidden.
The plot of PIN includes the changes of the participating roles(Role) and the dialogues between the characters (Message) as well as the relevant background property of the plot(Dye).
The Dye of the plot includes factors such as Name/Note/Image/Music. Since different stories require different types of Dye, you can modify the Dye of an ongoing plot to meet the needs of the current plot development.
1. Enter a verse
By clicking this link https://pins.emit.technology/4E6BFunxNE5, you can access the Verse created by EMIT.
- You can only access Verse by link, one Verse for each link.
- Anyone can create their own Verse by New and Fork.
After you enter the Verse of EMIT, you are in the preview state and can only view the current information. No other interaction can be done in Verse.
If you want to participate in EMIT's Verse, you need to create an account, or you can import mnemonics from other decentralized wallets (EMIT Wallet/Metamask/Trust Wallet, etc.).
You can manage your account by clicking on the "
" button in the top left corner. Once you have created your account, you will be able to participate in Verse related activities.
2. Introduction of interface functions
Account icon: Account management, click to login or change account.
PIN navigation: Display the Name of this Verse and the Name of the current PIN. After clicking, you can view the details of this PIN. Click the "<" or ">" button, the content of the chat box will jump to the previous or next PIN's start section.
Overflow Menu: Click it to share this Verse or create a new one.
Current Role: The current Role you are playing. Click this image to select or create other Roles.
Input box: Enter the text in the input box and click the "SEND" button to send a message as the current Role.
PINs list: Click the layers button to view the PINs list quickly.
PIN Location: Click the picture of the corresponding PIN in the PINs list to quickly locate the chat box to the location of the corresponding PIN.
Roles list: You can select different Roles as playing identities, and you can create or modify Roles.
There is a special Role is Narrator, which exists by default after Verse is created. It is a blank Role and cannot be modified.
3. Introduction of Roles
- Modify Role: Anyone can modify the Role in the Roles list. However, it can only take effect if KP selects it at the time of Pinning. If it is not selected, the modified content is invalid.
- New Role: A newly created Role does not take effect immediately. Only when KP selects the card or play record of the newly created Role at the time of Pinning, it is considered to be newly created successfully.
4. KP (Keeper)
KP is the creator of Verse, like others, KP can choose any Role to speak. KP can Pin the current acting record in the Tape when appropriate. The selected content will be preserved during the operation. Content that is not selected is not shown in the Tape stream, but you can still find it in the PIN details.
1. Click the button to create a new Verse, then you need to fill in the Name, Note and Image of the Verse. When the Verse is created, users who enter the Verse will be able to leave a role-playing record in it.
Verse's Name cannot be modified, but it will copy Verse's Name/Note/Image and other attributes to Dye by default, and also allow users to modify them. Pin operation will solidify the current Dye attributes in the contents of PIN.
2. If we consider the whole Verse as a script. the Name of Verse is the Name of the script, Note is the profile of the script. And the first PIN is the first act of the script. When the first act is finished, the actors continue to perform. So there may be a second act (the second PIN), a third act (the third PIN), and so on.
3. When the creation of the Verse is complete, you will get a link to your Verse. As of now, anyone who wants to access your Verse must go through it, as do you yourself. So, you must save the link to your Verse.
4. You can share your Verse to others and invite others to participate in your Verse.
5. When you want to generate a PIN, you can click the Pin button and select the content you think is useful or beneficial to the development of the plot. After Pinning, the unselected content of the current Pinning will be hidden; Pinned means that the old scene has ended and the new scene has started.
6. When a new scene starts, you can click the Dye button to redefine the Name, Note and Image of the current script.
7. You can click the PINs List button to quickly locate a PIN from the PINs list.